UEC Africa CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS:
To participate in the Nigeria’s round of the eating contest a #2000 (two thousand naira) cash only entry fee is required. You may visit any branch of the United Bank for Africa, UBA, in your community and pay the above-mentioned amount of #2000 (two thousand naira) into the following:
UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA)
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1022226375
SORT CODE: 033153827
(1) Contestants must not have any physical or mental condition, injury, limitation or illness that can or will be affected by their participation in this contest.
(2) You may not be allowed to compete if you have any allergies that could affect your participation in this contest?
(3) All contestants must understand that we may (or reserve the right to) use a photograph or videotape of them or their images during and after this contest recognizing it will be used for promotional purposes.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all Nigerian residents 18 years or older.
READ CAREFULLY THIS OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
No transfer or prize substitution by the contest winners is allowed. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winners to comply with all instructions as to the pick-up, receipt, arrangements for or use of any prize won and failure to do so on a timely basis may affect the winner’s right to claim or use the prize. All winners and participants agree to the use of their name, voice, likeness, and city/town for advertising or trade purposes and to cooperate reasonably in any effort to promote or publicize the Universal Recreation & Entertainments, NPC Records.Audioworks, Nubian Televisions, and Universal Eating Contest. Apart from the prizes associated with being selected as a winner, Universal Recreation & Entertainments shall not be obligated to compensate you in any way for such publicity.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Contestant acknowledges that there are risks of personal injury, illness and possible loss of life, and risks to participating in this contest. Contestant voluntarily enters the contest and assumes all of these risks. Contestant, as a condition of entry, agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Universal Recreation & Entertainments and affiliated companies, their vendors, their advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, co-sponsoring companies and their affiliates and agencies, and all officers, directors, employees and agents of the aforesaid entities, from any and all claims and costs, including attorneys’ fees, relating to, arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or the receipt or use of any prize. In so doing, all contestants participating in the undercard/preliminary and grand finale contests release and indemnify the aforementioned entities and individuals from liability for injuries or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or the receipt or use of any prize. In no event shall Universal Recreation & Entertainments be liable to a contestant for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or that contestant’s participation in the contest.
FINAL AUTHORITY: Universal Recreation & Entertainments has sole and complete discretion regarding all contest-related matters. All decisions regarding qualifications, selection or disqualification of a contestant/s or winner/s shall be subject to the sole and complete discretion of Universal Recreation & Entertainments. However, any contestant can be disqualified for any reason at any time.
CERTIFICATION: By you willing payment of the registration fee of a #2000 (two thousand naira), you, as a contestant in Universal Eating Contest event, certify that I have carefully read, understood and accepted the terms of the Universal Recreation & Entertainments’ Universal Eating Contest Official Contest Rules and Regulations. Your willing and voluntary payment of the official registration fee and the obtainment of the payment receipt indicate your understanding and assumption of the risks and your voluntary participation in this contest.
Universal Eating Contest Official Rules:
- Contestant must be at least 18 years of age.
- There will be 2 qualifying rounds or preliminaries at the following regions on the following dates:
- Lagos (March 18th – March 22nd) @ Police College, Ikeja, Lagos State.
- Ibadan (March 25th – March 28th) @ Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Agodi Gate, Ibadan.
and ultimately the April 11th, 2020 Grand Finale event in Lagos.
We expect thousands of contestants nationwide per qualifying round.
- Contestants must pay for the registration at the location/region at which they wish to compete.
- Their teller receipts will be presented at the event gate as their official receipts.
- Contestants may enter as many qualifying events as they desire.
- Contestants may not compete in another qualifying event once they have won a qualifying event.
- Only the person who wins a qualifying event may compete in the finals (No Substitution).
- Five winners from each location/region will be qualified for the grand finale.
- Each contestant will be scheduled for a specific time to compete and any contestant who is more than 5 (five) minutes late will be disqualified.
- Each contestant will have 10 (ten) buns to eat as quickly as they can within 5 (five) minutes during the qualifiers
- All buns will be prepared plain and fresh.
- The contestant will be considered finished when a Judge confirms that the contestant has swallowed all 10 (ten) Universal Recreation & Entertainments buns.
- If vomiting occurs anytime during the contest, or within 1 minute after the contestant completes the 10 (ten) Universal Recreation & Entertainments buns they will be disqualified.
- The five fastest times for each location/region will be registered to compete in the finals.
- The runners up for each event will be placed in the alternate pool, in order of their finishing time.
- In the event that any finalist(s) cannot attend the finals, the alternates will be called in order.
- The championship will be held on Saturday, April 11, 2020 at a popular stadium in Lagos, Nigeria between the end of the Game confetti and the Fireworks show.
- Only the twenty (20) winners of the qualifying events are eligible to compete at grand finale.
- The person who consumes the most whole buns at the end of fifteen (15) minutes will be crowned “The UEC Africa Winner” for the year.
- Partial buns will only be counted in the event of a tie.
- If a contestant vomits anytime during the contest they will be disqualified.
Grounds for disqualification include:
1. Names not correlated or compatible with registered ones and liability waiver.
2. Health risks that could jeopardize the contestant’s health or well-being.
3. Under the influence of any recreation drugs or substance.
4. Appearance that is deemed inappropriate or unattractive.
5. Starting prior to the start signal.
6. Continuing to put food in the mouth after the ending signal.
7. Throwing up or regurgitating.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Universal Eating Contest reserves the right to disqualify any contestant, for any reason, without explanation.
- “URAE,” “UEC,” “UEC Africa,” “UEC Africa 2020” are all registered trademarks of the Universal Recreation and Entertainments, LLC.